Friday, February 4

work whine

I am so, so, tired of hovering just underneath "knowledgable" in my job. I am a web content manager, and for one or two clients, a project manager. Some of our clients have complicated databases as part of their sites, and I do my very best to understand how they work, but sometimes, still, after being in this position for exactly a year, I have to ask and ask again before I necessarily understand something. At least enough to explain it to my client. It's so aggravating. I have to answer many client questions with, "I will check and make sure, and get back to you on that." I shudder to imagine the client as he wonders to himself, "How does my project manager NOT know the answer to this question??" I feel so stupid! Sigh. I guess someday I'll get it. At least I can grasp the writing part of the job... usually. I'm grumpy now. TGIF.

No comments: