Monday, February 21

Let's call him AJ

Alright, since enough of you know his name, anyway, I might as well just use his initials, which are A & J. I don't intend for him to be called AJ in real life, although it might evolve to that when he gets into school. But at any rate, it's better than wondering why you've got "The Lollipop Guild" stuck in your head every time you visit here, right?! AJ it is. My little munchk.... err, lovebug. (I do call him "lovebug" in real life.) He's sitting here in his bouncy seat and is obviously too big for it now -- is sitting up, forward, instead of lounging back in it like it's meant to be used. What a cutie. Pretty soon he'll "graduate" and I'll just sit him on the kitchen floor and let him go to town in one of the drawers that's especially for him! I was thinking about that yesterday - will have to save and decoarate one of his formula cans and make it a drum.

Weekend Update: the choir solo. In my mind, it went fine. And that's all. I was not thrilled with it. For starters, the microphone gave me feedback on the first 2 notes so I was frazzled by that. The director was motioning for me to move forward, into it, but my natural reaction was to move back. I think I lost all breath control after that so I sounded a little shaky. Ergh. But, the congregation applauded after it was finished (surprising), and I got enough compliments to make me feel like it was alright. I suppose the problem is when you start thinking of church singing as a PERFORMANCE, instead of as a prayer, which it was certainly meant to be. You know, you start focusing on yourself instead of on The One for whom you're supposed to be singing. That's a challenge, though, for me. I don't know if I would ever be able to completely not focus on ME when I'm singing. It's my voice, my breath support, my pitch and rhythm.... so that's something I suppose I'll have to work on. But like I said, everyone was nice and one woman even said the song brought tears to her eyes. :) 'Til next time, this is the Diva, retreating quietly to her private studio.

Now, back to being a work-from-home Mommy -- I most definitely need my coffee. Am ever-so-sleepy this morning and actually not feeling too well. I think the family cold has made its way back around to me. So off I go to find some liquid energy. Happy Monday!

No comments: