Monday, February 7

Pop Tarts and cheese

Breakfast of champions! I am enjoying my morning Pop-Tart, and a slice of American cheese for protein. (With a side of diet-guilt, please. Hold the exercise.) Got to keep in mind the July wedding in which I must fit into a beautiful matron of honor dress! Although, doesn't being a "matron" give one a bit of an excuse? A bit of lee-way in the skinny-minnie department? Probably not.... I guess women, whether we're itty-bitty 20-year-olds or post-baby 30-somethings, still want to look like "pretty maids, all in a row," at a wedding. :) I'm grateful there are at least 1 or 2 other mommies in the bridal party (of course, I have no idea what either one looks like)! Anyway... rambling!! Do NOT let me turn this blog into a diet diary. There was a time, pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy, when I was very dedicated to working out and counting calories. Sigh. I would love to be that dedicated still... but it just ain't happenin'. Time is a very valuable thing in my life now, and even though I know it wouldn't be "wasted" on a walk, I just don't seem to have enough of it to go around. I was lucky enough to lose most of my pregnancy weight, pretty quickly and easily. Of course there's that "toning & firming" issue.... we'll see if the wedding will be enough to motivate me. Bride's magazine, which I read last night in my sister's honor, said that with 6 months to plan, doing 30-45 minutes a week -- not a day, surprisingly -- for each target area would be enough to make a difference. Not sure it's true, but I might be willing to give it a shot. I'm a firm beleiver (ha, ha - check my pun!) in "do only enough to get by." Just ask my husband. He'll make 6 bottles for the Munchkin, preparing for an entire day. Me, I'll prepare two - enough to last until his first nap, when I can presumably make the rest. It's a much better system. Why do now what you can put off 'til later? (Grin.)

No comments: