Friday, August 5

All grown up (me)

Just attended the latest 401k seminar at work. Ugh. Overall, things like that make me hate being a grown up. But at the moment -- truly just 5 minutes after the workshop has ended -- I'm a little bit motivated. What I want to do is take a day (or a week?!) off to focus on nothing but FINANCES. Husband and I have been wanting to sit down and "do a budget" for ages. We need to do that, plus all this retirement planning (we already save regularly, but not very attentively), plus college planning for AJ, plus just regular old savings plans. Like I said, we already do all of these, but I would feel better about it if I could FOCUS on it, and nothing else, for at least a day. I'm thinking it would really require more time than that.

Yuck. You can ask my Dad, I HATE talking finances. He usually catches my wrath when he brings stuff like this up. But while I'm somewhat inspired, I'd better take advantage.

(Attention coworkers, this is a good seminar... you'd be wise to go.)

No comments: