Today is Tuesday -- the best day of the week as far as I'm concerned, besides Saturday of course. On Tuesdays, my team at work has a 10am meeting in Midtown. Since our new office is FAR and FAR from Midtown, our manager doesn't make us go in before the meeting, provided we check email and phone messages and generally get something done at home (as far as he knows). My Darling Husband drives AJ to daycare, and ergo.... I have the whole morning all to myself. See how that works?
I just vacuumed the upstairs, a quick little task of 3 bedrooms and two tile floors when I'm not using the hose on the lamps and bookshelves (which is never). DH is much more thorough. It isn't fun to vacuum, but the feeling of having it done is quite nice. Now I'm sitting down with a creamy, steamy cup of cafe au lait and my blog. Sweet bliss. Listening to the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack. ("Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life!") The dog's at my feet, snoozing quietly. It was rainy all night and still kind-of is, making for my favorite kind of weather.
Even better than all this is that, after our 10am meeting, I will drive the short distance to this restaurant, one of Atlantans' favorites, and I will order Fish Tacos and corn chowder and I will eat and be very satisfied. I will also remember to purchase a to-go order for my Darling Husband. And then he will be happy, which actually makes me happiest of all.
2 comments:
Can you send some of your sunshine my way? It is kind of blue in my region today. :) You sound just so happy today.
Stacie
What a good person you are -- to remind us to enjoy this day.
Post a Comment