Headline homage to The Amateur Gourmet
...but having nothing to do with food...
We got an estimate from the siding guy. Only $5900 to re-side the front and stage-right side of our house, in vinyl. We currently have a "composite" wood siding, which Siding Guy told us was not much more than compressed sawdust. You can read all about the many class action lawsuits against this kind of siding. Sadly, the statue of limitations has long since passed so we won't be getting any money for it. Which I'm sorta glad about -- the hassle of figuring THAT out would've driven me out of my gourd. Anyhoo, won't it be fun to spend six thousand bucks on vinyl siding?! Once this year, and again next year for the back and stage-left? I can hardly wait.
I went to see a movie on Friday night with a girlfriend. We had a good time and the movie "Must Love Dogs," was exceptionally girly. Not particularly good, but watchable. I adore Diane Lane. And who doesn't adore John Cusak? After "Say Anything," he can do no wrong in my eyes, and if anyone from my generation disagrees, I'd be interested to know about it. I can't imagine. He'll forever be stamped "Romantic Ideal" if you ask me. Which is why, I suppose, he chose to do this sickeningly romantic "post-divorce love story." Even as he gets older, (and fatter), his character's still got that charm and sensibility. Perhaps the same character every time, naysayers might cry? Probably, but this does not matter. Predictable? Yes. He gets the girl in the end? Yes. He blathers on "philosophically" in run-on sentences about kickboxing? No, he blathers about rowing in this one. But we don't care! We love ya anyway, Johnny C. The outing was just what I needed. The ice cream, I did not need. But it was tasty!
2 comments:
You know, until the blogging world I was convinced I was the only John Cusack fan out there.
I am SO afraid to see Must Love Dogs. A friend told me he is not looking as fine as usual. It's like between Serendipity and this one he aged 10 years and I am *so* not ready to see that!
Yeah, it's a more "rugged" handsome than he's ever had. (How's that for spinning it?) But if you're a fan, I think you can handle it. ;)
Post a Comment