Today is a very good day. AJ and I are at home, and I'm working, although there isn't a whole lotta work to do -- the client phone call I needed to make this morning has been made, and I keep checking email but there's nothing significant. Therefore, much to my delight, I was able to clean the crusted green beans and oatmeal out from the tiny cracks and crevices of our highchair, and put the cushion through a looong wash cycle. I hope to be able to start the casserole I'm making for Book Club tomorrow night, and maybe even run the vacuum over the living room. Wouldn't that be nice?
We found, while cleaning the highchair, the Duck that's been missing for more than a week. Hooray! We wer sure it had gone out with the trash, as that's AJ's favorite activity of late -- putting things IN. Wish he'd find a different receptacle, but hey, he's learning, right?
And on an unrelated note, I have become determined to find a good park around here -- one with swingsets and things for AJ to climb on. He just LOVES being outside. On Saturday, we took him out for a while in our yard, and brought his plastic baseball bat and Daddy's glove. Got some cute pictures of that scene -- Daddy showing him how to hold the glove, him putting the ball in it. I wish we could do that every day, all of us together! It was a moment that will last in my heart, so precious and so fleeting (mostly due to the heat and the mosquitos -- we had to make a hasty retreat when it got unbearable). It's wet out today so the "park" project might be for another time. But I'm still smiling at the thought of future baseball games in the grass, and AJ learning to throw and catch and run.
*Vitamin B6, one of my best friends. Good for what ails ya. And for what makes you cry inexplicably (yesterday).
1 comment:
What a good life! I spent Saturday night with our neighbors and their cute little one, so I've got baby envy again.
Post a Comment