a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Thursday, August 25
Wimpy, wimpy, wim-py
I think I remember that others of you out there in the universe do this, too: When you're having an "issue" with your husbands or friends or co-workers, sometimes it's easier to "confront" them with an email than in person. I just did that. Husband and I are dealing with an "issue" -- nothing to worry about and thanks for your concern -- but I wasn't brave enough to just bring it up last night. I had to write him an email. Is that so cowardly of me? It makes me cringe and, as the Genie in Aladdin once said, "I feel sheepish." But I hope it will spark just the conversation we need to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeap, that's me, passive aggressive! Not afraid to admit it. At any rate, it worked - he wrote back very nicely, we have a date to continue talking about it. :)
You know, I don't think an email is necessarily passive-aggressive. Sometimes a well-thought out email is the best way to choose your words to start a healthy discussion. Obviously email isn't the best way to HAVE a conversation because you lose tone and all that.
But I don't think it's passive aggressive. Passive aggressive is moping around the house and making little quips to make sure the husband knows you're upset about something (and force him to confront it) without you ever directly addressing it.
Anyway, I wouldn't feel bad if email is the best way for you to start an important conversation. I think that's valid. And I hope it sparked the productive conversation you were hoping for.
Post a Comment