Sometimes during the weekend, I'll think of all these brilliant things I want to blog about, but when I get to the computer on Monday morning, every idea has vanished from my brain. Lately the only things on my mind have been soooo mundane: What are we going to have for dinner this week, how did AJ get that scratch on his cheek, did I write the check to daycare, when will I ever have time to clean out that flower pot and plant something new in it, will this dog ever stop shedding... nothing too earth-shattering. You may have noticed, if you read with any regularity!
And so, to celebrate the season of Not Much Going On, here is a lovely little meme for you.
"Getting to Know You"
1. What is your occupation? Web producer and content writer
2. What are you listening to right now? My own typing skills and the hum of a flourescent light
3. What are you wearing right now? Red floral tank top, red capri pants
4. What was the last thing you ate? Wheat bagel with light cream cheese and peach salsa, yum.
5. Do you wish on stars? YES
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I can't decide. RED, or Spring Green
7. How is the weather right now? Haven't been out yet but I bet it's hot and humid
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Probably my husband
9. Where would you go right now, if you could go anywhere? Bed.
10. How old are you today? 31
11. Favorite drink? Coca-Cola classic over ice
12. What is your favorite sport? Um, reading? I guess baseball, in terms of general sports. I also like the girly ones like gymnastics.
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Highlighted, yes
14. Do you wear contacts? Nope
15. Pets? Napoleon, lab-chow mix
16. Favorite month? December
17. Favorite food? Pizza or Mexican (how many times have I answered that question the exact same way??)
18. What was the last movie you watched? "Must Love Dogs"
19. Favorite day of the year? Christmas Day
20. What do you do to vent anger? Whine aloud to whomever is standing closest. Write in blog. Call sister.
21 What was your favorite toy as a child? It depends on the year... Fashion Plates ranked pretty high up...my diary wasn't really a toy but I spent a lot of time with it... I guess dolls, in general. Ooh, and my chalkboard! Won it in a "toy walk" at the city "Jubiliee" one year and adored that thing! Subjected my sister to MANY games of "School" where I was the teacher (and thus, the only one who got to use the chalkboard)!
22. Fall or Spring? Fall
23. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
24. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry
25. Living arrangements? House (3br/2ba) in a subdivision in a suburb
26. When was the last time you cried? Last time I had PMS! No wait, yesterday, watching AJ play (he was so cute and it just got to me, all of a sudden. And maybe there was some sappy commercial on at the same time...*embarrassed shrug*)
27. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, a couple of baseball caps, shoe boxes
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My sister
29. What did you do last night? Made dinner, played with AJ, cleaned up the kitchen, read a magazine, watched Anthony Bourdain's new show
30. Favorite smell? just-bathed AJ
31. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
32. How many states have you lived in? 3 = TX, FL, GA
33. How many cities have you lived in? Are we counting suburbs? Then, 6. Hereford Tx, Pensacola, Atlanta, Decatur, Marietta, and Paris ("lived" there for 6 weeks)
34. How did you meet your mate? At work
35. What person has inspired you the most in your life? Such a hard question. I guess, at one time, my friend Jenny inspired me a whole lot. She was very vibrant, a couple of years older than me, and I adored her. She helped me "find" my personality, I think (this was when I was a teen). Or if not that, she brought out a side of my personality that wasn't known to me -- my silly, extroverted, make-a-fool-of-myself and do-unexpected-things side. We had the best times together, doing anything from reading poetry to tap-dancing to having rainy-afternoon picnics to just driving around, or giggling like crazy while we brushed our teeth. Ah, to be young! We lost touch after college and since then, have communicated sporadically, but our lives aren't very similar anymore. She stayed in theater and played the lead roles and the quirky ones, and I moved more inside myself, started singing choral music and thus becoming more "unseen," as a blended voice rather than a stand-out. Funny how our hobbies mirrored our personalities a bit. Last time we were together we were clearly on two different planes. But I treasure what she meant to me, and how we inspired each other.
Hey, feel free to play along if you've read all the way to the end (and if you're bored like I was)!
2 comments:
I really liked your "inspirational person"--especially since it was not someone who is currently very active in your life. It is nice to think about, and to remember, those people who were in our lives for a limited time but made such a big impact. Long term relationships are wonderful, marvelous and all that, but there are also those more fleeting times that really last forever.
Hi, MamaT! Glad you stopped by! :)
Post a Comment