Monday, March 27

Projects

Seems like every time we DO projects around the house, we come up with a longer list of items that still NEED to be done. Like so:

--We planted the rest of the spring plants yesterday, and DH laid some stepping stones along the backyard pathway. Check. Meanwhile, we discovered that the yard is sinking around a big tree root that's close to the surface. Basically a Danger Pit in our child's playground. We've known we wanted to get some fill dirt, but now I think we NEED to, asap before one of us breaks a neck.

--We turned over a large rock while cleaning out one of the flower beds (Check), and discovered what look like (OMG) baby termites. Gah. I will be dialing Terminix in a few short minutes.

--When we replaced the siding on the front of the house (Big Check), we had to remove the window boxes under our garage windows. I'd like to place them on the back deck, and obviously plant something in them, but it'd be better if we built a little stand for them. And while we're buildling, how about a bench to sit on, as well? So there's that.

Houses. They're so much trouble.

In other project news, we need to figure out an anniversary celebration worthy of our five years. (Infinitely more fun than yard projects!) I was thinking we'd just go downtown, have dinner at an expensive restaurant and stay the night in a swanky hotel. Cheap, close-by, easy. We even have a coupon for the restaurant. But Husband suggested, actually, that we find a B&B somewhere and do a whole weekend getaway. I was surprised! :) I have a couple of places in mind, but we'd better get on it, as our anniversary is 31 days from now!

No comments: