Wednesday, March 1

Lent stuff

Ooh, today's psalm is a good one. At least, for me it is. I think Lent may be just what I need right now. I could use several of these phrases:

Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 12-13, 14 and 17

R. Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned.
Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt ...(my guilt over being/working away from home isn't quite what the psalmist means I'm sure, but I'd like to be washed of it)
and of my sin cleanse me.

R. Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned.
For I acknowledge my offense, ...(self-centered-ness, self-focus)
and my sin is before me always:
“Against you only have I sinned,
and done what is evil in your sight.”

R. Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned.
A clean heart create for me, O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me. ...yes, please!
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me.

R. Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned.
Give me back the joy of your salvation,
and a willing spirit sustain in me.

O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

R. Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned.


Also, I'm giving up Starbuck's. I KNOW. Ouch. :)

No comments: