Wednesday, August 3

I... have very little to share

I had weird dreams last night. Not bad dreams, just weird. I remember right before waking up, I was giving Hubby a $5 bill. Shortly after I did wake up, he asked me if I had any money. And I gave him TWO $5 bills. So the moral is, I need to start dreaming about winning the million-dollar lottery.

...

AJ had one of his best nights ever. GOD BLESS DAYCARE for putting him down to nap in the LATE afternoon! When we pick him up and he hasn't napped since 12:30 (may I add: What the...? No afternoon nap? Are they crazy?), he is a Holy Terror. Won't sit still in his high chair at dinner, whines to be held for 3 hours straight, cries during his bath. Argh. But last night, he was the Picture of Adorable. He loved the spaghetti I gave him for dinner, as well as the strawberries for dessert. Mmmm. He had his dessert while we had our dinner, which was almost like the Family Dinner Gold Standard which I dream of one day attaining. (This goal also includes getting DH to TURN OFF G4TV and converse with us during the meal! Um, hello?! We're over here, honey.) He later played with his Daddy's shoes, much to the delight of his parents, who thought watching him drag them around by the laces was the Height of Entertainment. (Even better than G4.) His little head got very warm with all the high-energy playing he did before bed. And then, he fell asleep with nary a whimper. HOOray! A happy family evening, all hazy with the warm glow of our simple bliss... and I managed to kick out a complete, balanced meal, to boot. (Ooh, punny!)

...

I luurrvh Comcast DVR. Or TiVo, whatever you want to call it. I love it because last night, Bravo decided to play the Blow Out Reunion show at ELEVEN P.M.! Why would they do this to me? Don't they know that I am worthless after 9:00? Especially after filling my tummy with angel-hair and meat sauce and garlic bread. Ooof. AS-LEEP. Eyes not opening. So anyway, no biggie, we "taped" it. Does anyone else say that? We can't stop ourselves, even though there is obviously no tape involved. Linguistic error. "DVR'd it" doesn't roll off the tongue, but we don't have TiVo, we have Comcast DVR. I'm guessing "TiVo'd" is slated to become the next "Xerox" or the next "Google." Proprietary Eponyms, they're called. I just learned that by googling.

...

(Edited 9:29am) One other thing I have on my mind. I think it is time to cut AJ's darling baby hair. He's getting dangerously close to mullet-dom, rat-tail-hood, whatever you want to call it. :) His bangs -- well, one bang, really -- reach down to his nose and I'm contantly brushing it back. It's precious as ever and I can't bear the thought of turning him into A Big Boy with four or five little round-scissor-snips! But it must be done. The question -- do I do it myself, or take him to a professional?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, please take your darling to have his hair cut by a professional. A place that specializes in children's cuts is worth the price for a first haircut! Some places will even place a lock of hair aside for you as a keepsake (if you like that sort of thing). Children grow up so fast...