Thursday, March 2

A Challenge!

Gerah recently revealed that she likes Play-Doh as much as I do. The smell delights her, despite her being more hormonally prone to smell-induced nausea than usual, these days. It delights me, too. I don't think we ever had Play-Doh at our house (smart woman, my mother), but at play-school, which is what we called it instead of preschool, we had TONS of the stuff. The sweet smell takes me right back to First United Methodist, and the green walls and sunny windows of our little classroom. (I was only 3 or 4 but I actually do remember that place very vividly. Interesting.)

ANYWAY -- Gerah said she makes a pretty mean play-doh elephant, and I want to see it. Because I have become especially adept at making elephants for AJ. When he calls for his playdoh, Little Lord Fauntleroy says "elephant" in the same breath. So I get busy making squatty elephant legs First Thing and I have to tell you, Girl Has Got a Talent.

I do not mean this as any sort of real Contest (being shy and non-confrontational and non-competitive, as I am), BUT! If Gerah is so great at elephants, it is time for an Elephant-Off! Let's see the goods, lady. Tee hee.

Here is mine, complete with tail. I only wish I could get him to hold his head up. Sit up straight, elephant! Don't slouch! This is your big moment:



Ha ha. Just kidding. For reals this time:




What do y'all think??

Edited to add: And if anyone else wants to play, get out your doh! Post a link in comments. Fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can make a mean elephant out of play - doh. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

That is SO CUTE!!! I'm really impressed! Have loved your posts lately. I've actually done the Getting to Know thing before. Maybe I can dig it up.

Anonymous said...

You're ON. Just give me a minute.

el-e-e said...

One minute??? Mine took, like, Six and a half. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay. Done:

Gerah's Play-Doh Elephant

el-e-e said...

She wins! I concede! I gotta work on my skillz, y'all. ;)