Tuesday, March 14

Which one of you stole my recipe?

I am combing my cookbooks in vain. Last week I read a recipe that sounded delicious and easy. It was for the crock-pot, and with chicken. Two of my favorite recipe details. I went so far as to buy ingredients for it last time I made a quick trip to Publix.

I did not bookmark the recipe in any way, shape, or fashion.

And now I cannot find it!!

After this week of travel, all I wanted to do today was thaw out some chicken breasts, put the stuff on top, and set it to simmer all day on Low. Voila, dinner. But I can't find that stinking recipe! I've searched the Ingredient-o-lator on allrecipes.com, my slow-cooker cookbook, the 3 new Southern Livings I got last week (3 months in one week? weird subscription error)... everywhere I can think of. It has disappeared.

The ingredients as I remember them were:
6 chicken breasts
cream of chicken soup
onion soup mix
onion & chive cream cheese (4 oz?)
rice (Uncle Ben's? white long grain? I know not)
seems like there was something else...


If anyone can complete the puzzle for me, I will invite you over to eat the fabulous concoction with us. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Pretty sure not from Southern Living - I know each of them pretty much by heart and that doesn't sound familiar - those are ingredients I would have noticed and marked!

2. Sounds like you are missing either broth or water - otherwise the rice won't cook!

Anonymous said...

yum. You may at least have to share the recipe.

On March 13 post: I actually drove around my favorite neighborhood in Smalltown, Tennessee, on Sunday, to see if my favorite house was for sale. What would I do there? I can't imagine. But it's tempting.

Anonymous said...

Soooo...what was the solution and how was it? Do I need the recipe?

el-e-e said...

Never found it! Trying it tonight. I'll let you know! :)