My title has nothing to do with this post. I'm not nervous about anything, I'm just not wearing socks. :)
How was your weekend? Ours was lovely. The Dinner Date Excursion went beautifully, although we did not, in fact, see "Be Cool," or any other movie. The restaurant we visited is both elegant and generous, and therefore dinner lasted much longer than we originally planned. We didn't much care, though. Went to Pier One and to the bookstore afterwards, and just browsed. In fact, I think we found some furniture for our front "formal" living room, although it's going to be a lot less formal than some, because we just aren't that stuffy. The fact is, it's the only downstairs room that's carpeted, and with AJ about to be on-the-go, I'd like for us to hang out there much more often. (And have comfortable seating.)
So I'm anxious to get our refund from Uncle Sam. (This would imply that we've sent in our taxes already... but we haven't. It's on the To-do list for this week.) Part of me feels like that money ought to go straight into savings, but on the other hand, I've been wanting to furnish this room forever, and I've been told in jest that if I don't spend the refund before June, I can forget about furniture 'til next year. It's a little game my DH is using to get me to COMMIT to a DECISION -- something I have infinite trouble with. He can ask, "What do you want to do for dinner?" and Every Single Time, I respond with, "Well, what do you want?" It's super-annoying for him, and I completely understand. I'm just tooooo passive in that regard. So, he's excited that I've found some funriture I like, and he's saying, "Don't wait until you're not sure anymore. Buy It." And for that, I'm very grateful!
Speaking of DH, I've given him the address to this blog, (hello, honey!) so no more catty remarks about husbands! :) Only kidding... no one would DREAM of remarking negatively about her husband in a blog! Right?? RIGHT?? But seriously, I hope I haven't done MySelf a disservice by creating some kind of boundary, where I'm not comfortable writing about all of my true feelings becuase I know who might be reading. If I have, and there develops a need for me to express something very private, I guess I'll just start another blog for my eyes only. (Just what I need is two blogs to keep up with!)
No comments:
Post a Comment