Yesterday we had a team "retreat" for work. Got to be off-site all day and spent the whole time talking about a new product that we need to be familiar with. It was very productive. Made me grateful for a good job with good people who are intelligent, who want the best for the company, and who are willing to work hard to make things happen. Made me also frutstrated with the state of certain events and (other) people at the office, who aren't necessarily willing to work so hard.... but complaints about work, who wants to read that?! And besides, who doesn't have complaints about work? No need to bore MySelf or anyone else with it here. (The diatribe on AJs snot was boring enough! Sorry it was at the top for more than 5 minutes. Don't know quite why I felt the need to write about that. You'll be thrilled to know that for now, the offending mucous has cleared up and we are working with a dry nose for the first time in what seems like months.)
ANY-way.
Choir practice last night. It was a long one, as we prepare for Holy Week and Easter. Have had a couple of additional sopranos join since I joined, so the section is building up. They're both quite nice. One is a high school diva, however. She attends a performing arts school. I don't know if I'm jealous that I didn't have that opportunity, or if I just cringe at the memory of "Fame" the TV show, but it bugs me. Her voice is lovely (I got to sit next to her and share music), if a bit "Muscial Theater" for my taste. Of course I can't afford to be so catty, since musical theater was my LIFE, at that time of my life. It's just the idea that a choir is meant to be a blended sound, and she very much didn't blend. (And was, in American Idol terminology, "a bit pitchy," to boot.) I know, I know, all of God's children have a place in the choir. And she is quite talented, believe me. Meow -- the Choir Snob in me just has to have her say. So sue me.
I believe the director has a separate choir for the high school singers of the parish... wonder if he'll suggest that New Girl join it? (Crossed fingers. Although perhaps my attitude sinks my own maturity level to that of most high school girls! Sigh.) I like knowing high school kids - makes me feel not so.... 30! (Not to mention they are babysitter possibilities.) But, we can't have soloists joining because I AM supposed to be the new "best voice in the choir!" Who got the solo on her first day there?! Me me me me me, that's right! That's truly the heart of my issue, I know deep down. ;)
1 comment:
yeah, and you better watch it carefully or you might just find it missing one day... ;)
Post a Comment