Wednesday, March 30

whole lotta nothing

Argh. I've been wanting to write a new blog entry all morning but Blogger has been malfunctioning. AND I've been in a meeting. Not that I have anything profound to say. But that is the beauty of it - I can say whatever the heck I want to say, even if it's nothing. I do feel like having a blog is bringing me back to my old self, when I used to have time to keep a diary. Anytime something happened, I wanted to write about it. The crazy thing is, and I think you other bloggers understand this, you almost start thinking "what will I title this entry?" before something happens. It's a sickness, really.

So, the latest event in my little brain is that I want to get back on the health and fitness wagon. I told you before not to let me create a diet diary here -- although, let me digress and say how funny it was in Bridget Jones, how she started every entry with "125 lbs, 6 cigarettes." Loved that! Loved her! -- but I must report that starting yesterday I'm counting calories again. I am not a huge fan of counting calories -- especially because this time, the calculator says I only get to consume about 1200 per day in order to lose 1lb/week! I've never been that low! It's going to be a challenge. How am I sp'osed to enjoy my Easter candy?!

But the main thing is to up the fitness portion of the equation (thus adding more cals that I can EAT). I have been so slack on fitness since returning to work in October. I think I went for a walk, with actual athletic shoes, twice. Other than that I've done nothing. What really blows is that I was almost considering myself "a runner" before getting pregnant. I had started a little "learn to run" program -- having always abhorred it in the past -- and was doing pretty well. Now I'll have to start all over again. Sigh.

I suppose instead of just sitting there when I'm playing on the floor with AJ, I should do Pilates and yoga and push-ups. And I'm now dying to buy an exercise ball and some resistance bands, after reading this article yesterday. I'm not joining a gym. I just don't do gyms. DH has also been saying that when it gets warmer, he wants us to take a walk, every day, as a family. With the dog and everything. It's a lofty goal, as he is even worse than me with exercise motivation. But maybe I'll remind him of it, since it's going to be 80 degrees today and plenty warm!

We will see where this leads us. Of course, even being all motivated and excited to start back up again, I still had that banana-strawberry-and, oh yeah, ICE CREAM milkshake last night. But at least it was skim milk.

No comments: