... but they'll do just fine. They're also just about the
most only prouductive thing that we did all weekend, even though the weather was lovely and I'm sure every other household in the metro area was busy making their yards beautiful for Easter next weekend. Supposed to rain all week, too, so it would have been perfect to get some flowers into the ground. Sigh. We just couldn't motivate. The U2 tickets were the extent of my weekend initiative. And, what an event it was just to get the tickets. I'm sure you've done this before -- you show up at your local Ticketmaster (in our town, they're inside Publix grocery stores) at 7am, only to find out the tickets go on sale at "8:30 am sharp." Luckily Publix is only 1.5 minutes from our house. Anyway, they do a lottery and then line you up, and their computer has to compete with all the other Ticketmaster computers in town, so it's a toss-up whether you'll even get tickets or not. You start innocently talking to the other (crazy die-hard) fans in line, and next thing you know, you're saying, "maybe we'll see you at the concert!" and you feel all "connected" to them because you've been through this harrowing lottery-ticket ordeal together. One guy behind me was going to try to buy 8 tickets. All together. Ha ha ha ha. I'm sure he did not succeed. But I did. Two, please. I was 2nd in line. It worked out pretty darn well and I was proud of myself. We definitely need to see U2 ("the biggest band in the world," one radio ad says) before they get past their prime. And I have a feeling this tour might be Prime.
We did get AJ an Easter outfit -- accomplishment #2. It's adorable: madras pants in green and orange, and a little white v-neck sweater vest to go on top. So. Cute. I had received a very late baby gift (Gift card) from some friends in Indiana, which worked out perfectly. I paid $8 of my own money for a 58-dollar outfit. Yes, you read that right, fifty-eight. Ya gotta love Baby Gap, right? Look up the definition of Highway Robbery - it will clearly read (n): Baby Gap.
On to the work-week. I have a list This Long of "to-dos" that are not work-related. Will try to fit them all in and make up for our really lazy weekend. (Really, other than those two things, we were completely worthless. Sat around on the couch. Did not cook one single thing. Didn't even make our weekly family phone calls.)
Feeding update. Tried diced peaches with AJ. Nicht so gut. He gagged and wasn't too intrigued. Am going to rewind and start over with bananas. Since they're his favorite, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment