Today promises to be a delightful day at the office. Client arrives at noon, and we start with lunch. That part will be nice, I do admit. After that, we'll spend close to 4 hours in a small conference room (thankfully, there is a large window), staring at the (cars zooming by out the window and the) computer screen, listening to the dear Boss blather on and on and on and on. And. On. The man is a never-ending carousel of talk. And lately he has taken to saying some really uninteresting things, not the least of which are off-color remarks regarding women. For instance, while I was vacuuming my office this morning -- no, the supposed cleaning people don't -- he peeked his head in and shouted over the noise, "Your horomones are showing," or some such nonsense. The guy's not a creep, I'm not worried about that. But the comments are quite unnecessary. Mostly he yammers about our products, and he doesn't really do that well anymore. He's getting close to retirement age. And I'm sorry, but it shows. I think he scares clients away with all his talk, and his scenarios, and his round and round dialogue with himself.
Needless to say (and so I'll say it), I'm thrilled to be spending my day this way.
But I'm thankful for free lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment