Thursday, March 24

we've been sick

I suppose I could attempt to actually write an entry, rather than trolling the blogosphere for other people's albeit worthwhile content. But you saw the Explosions entry, right? I wasn't kidding. It was poop city around here from Sunday 'til yesterday. Poor little kid was infected with a tummy bug that apparently is ravaging the northwest corner of our county. Both my pediatrician and the daycare report many, many cases of the same thing... wait, I was going to describe it, but you don't wanna know. If I didn't have a good supply of Huggies and an equally good supply of burb cloths on-hand, we would have been in Big Trouble. (Detailed enough for ya? Thought so.)

We have reached the turning point, though, finally on this Thursday. Two liters of Pedialyte later. Was a little bit scary last night. You know how when you're sick, you just don't want anything to do with food? You just can't be bothered. Well, surprise, babies feel the same way. Meanwhile, the doctors sing their mantra, you must hydrate your child. And I know that's true, but yesterday AJ just wasn't having it. As a result, at bedtime he was rather... listless. In the right light, you might have said, "lifeless," although of course he was breathing. DH was freaked out about it, understandably. When I got home from choir practice he had fallen asleep with the baby monitor in his hand, close to his ear. (Awww.) AJ woke up a couple of times during the night, though, and took a bottle of liquid each time, so I felt better this morning. And so did he. He's been playing and talking today per usual, and I can see the end of the tunnel.

I've been home since AJ was sent home on Tuesday and except for a brief shopping trip yesterday, am starting to have just a touch of cabin fever, myself. Luckily, it's gorgeous outside, so in an hour or so, I'm going to take him, his blanket and his bag of toys (and my phone! help me remember the phone!), and go sit under a tree somewhere in the backyard. It's just too pretty to be inside all day. I also NEED to go to Babies R Us and finish up the Easter basket procurements. Eek. Cutting it down to the wire there. I could ramble on and on about the other To-Dos I still haven't accompllished, but I won't. Slowly but surely, they'll all get done. I may not have an Easter dinner worth writing home about, but darnit, my chores will be finished.

No comments: