Snot bubbles are a part of my every day. Sorry to be so blunt. But they are. And as with bubble-gum bubbles and soap bubbles, it's sometimes surprising how big they can get. I think I just saw one the size of a meatball. (Ewww. Meatballs and snot bubbles in the same sentence! GEEE-ross.)
I don't have a very good relationship with snot. In my own sinuses, it's a major annoyance, especially when I'm in contact with a dander-laden pet of any sort -- dog, cat, rabbit, horse, or otherwise. So to deal with the snot bubbles of someone else's nose, namely AJ's, is super extra uber annoying. We compared parenting notes with another [daycare] couple last night, and the two husbands began referring to us wives as "the Snot Nazis." Well, maybe so, but if you had it there, tickling your upper lip, and were unable to do anything about it yourself, wouldn't you want someone to clean it up for you? "A little help, please?" you'd say. At least I would.
If I were a real writer, I'd come up with a metaphor. (ha!) But I don't think these particular snot bubbles deserve it. (I'm sure they don't deserve a whole post on my blog.) Snot bubbles are like...hmmmm, what? They're shiny, but very messy. They're kinda funny, but make you cringe. They're mostly unstoppable. They make sleeping difficult. They beg to be wiped away..... Ah, screw it. They're just icky.
1 comment:
recovering from an upper resp infection myself, i feel your pain. best wishes.
Post a Comment