Wednesday, March 2

gratitude game

Let's play.
1. I am grateful that AJ is feeling better. He did have to go home at noon from daycare yesterday, but DH picked him up and said they had a pretty normal afternoon. When I got home AJ seemed perfectly fine, and we had a good -- even a happy -- evening, playing, eating dinner, babbling, giggling, splashing in the bath, etc.
2. I am grateful that our daycare has strict policies on sick kids, in an effort to try and keep everyone else healthy. And grateful that, when AJ is just not feeling good, they'll call me, because sometimes a kid just needs his mommy or daddy, and he'll feel all better. (However, this morning the strict policy translated into the third degree when I dropped him off. I expected them to wonder what I was doing there, since yesterday they were claiming he was SO SICK. They thought he had an ear infection. BUT, number one, don't they know that ear infections are not contagious? And number two, after telling them that he seems perfectly fine to me -- no fever, no runny nose, eating well -- I still had to endure their little speech about not taking any chances blah blah blah. Of course I wouldn't knowingly bring him in if I thought he was going to infect the other babies. Grrrr. Mommy on Defense.)
3. I am grateful for reading this nice piece about parenting sick kids. (the Feb 12 entry) And grateful that DH also read it and took it to heart. He knows how important it is to love them and hold them when they're hurting.
4. I am grateful that the work I found out was royally screwed up yesterday (and completely my fault) only caused a client to be perturbed, and wasn't published online yet for the world to see. And grateful that I'm almost finished fixing it.
5. I am grateful for tonight's Book Club gathering, which is always a nice time to hang out with the girls, talk about mommyhood (and sometimes the book we read), drink a glass of wine (or 3), and RELAX. I am definitely in need of all of that.

No comments: