(...and Mom!)
One of the best things about having a baby later in life than many of my friends/cousins is that I get to borrow advice from all of them who've done it first. Yay for that. After having a mini panic-attack this morning about how I am feeding the little man, I got scads of advice today and am reformulating the plan. (Second- and third-time moms, please keep the snickering quiet. I can hear you. And I'm a first-timer, cut me some slack, here!)
I have been a slave to Gerber, thinking that those little jars of puree were the only thing I could feed him. But stand back: we're going to start trying to add some table foods to the lineup. I think AJ's ready to chew. He kind-of chews his oatmeal cereal already. Table-food suggestions from my very wise friends include: La Creme yogurt, plain macaroni, the oft-praised Cheerios, toast, pancakes, diced peaches, pears, bananas, potatoes both white and sweet, and this brilliant suggestion: homestyle chicken-noodle soup, drained. Brilliant, I tell you!
St. Blaise (protector of throats), pray for us. (Mommy's overly, almost neurotically nervous about AJ choking.)
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment