Tuesday, March 29

Lighten up

Let's do something to lighten the mood. Lots of people have been doing these, and some of them are so funny. List ten things you've done that you think your friends have never done.
(This is going to be quite hard as I'm really pretty boring. See what you think.)

1. I have driven a combine. What's a combine, you ask? It's a large, tractor-like vehicle -- farm machinery. And I drove one when I was 6 or 7 years old! (With help, of course.)
2. I have shown up at work wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe. I bet you've never done that!!
3. Ooh, I know! I have gone fishing on a river in Alaska. . . and caught nothing!
4. But on the same fishing trip, I saw a real live bald eagle.
5. I was reading "Frankenstein," the part where he's hiding in the mountains near Geneva, WHILE visiting Geneva and its surrounding mountains. How cool is that?
6. I celebrated my 20th birthday in Paris, all independent on the first night of my summer study-abroad trip in college. My host family had a cake and everything!
7. Speaking of travel, I have been to Eastern Europe (Poland, Czeck Republic). . . and visited the site of one of the Nazi concentration camps. (Downer. Sorry. But I bet you've never done it.)
8. Happier: Once when drunk, I actually fell out of a tree.
9. In 1984 (or thereabouts), I visited the set of the Oil Barons' Ball on the TV drama "Dallas," and met Victoria Principal and Christopher Atkins, briefly. Woo Hoo! At the time they were big stars, and bright ones in my little TV viewer-hood, since my Mom, a Dallas native, watched the show religiously. Actually this may not count, because my sister and cousins were there, too.
10. I sang Britney Spears, with the microphone, on the dance floor at my own wedding reception. Oh, yes. I did.

What about you? Got ten things?

And hey, here's a feeding update: AJ is doing much better with the table foods! Pears and peaches didn't go over too well, but he's tried crepes, toast, and plain macaroni with success. Only thing is, he won't pick them up himself, I have to feed the pieces to him. (It figures, everything I want him to put in his mouth, he won't, and everything I don't want in there (the dog's dirty tennis ball), goes directly in.) It is ever so cute to watch him figure out having these different shapes in his mouth, and that he's supposed to chew them. As with everything he does, he's very studious about it. You can tell he's thinking about what he's doing. His little eyebrows crinkle up, and last night he even talked himself through each bite. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.

1 comment:

el-e-e said...

Oh, the tree. Ha! It was sometime after college, I think - we took a road trip to North Carolina to see Calabrese's choir perform. Mark and Jeremy and I went a little crazy with the imbibery (can't remember now what we were drinking, or where).... and decided we'd climb a tree on the quad at Brevard College. The boys got down easily and said they'd catch me. Huh. Should'a realized they were also DRUNK. They did NOT catch me. Sprained my leg and everything. It was rad. :)